The world of marketing keeps changing. And if brands do not keep up, they might lose out on a big chunk of profit. One such trend taking the marketing world by storm is that of nano-influencers. 2018 was all about encashing the value of micro-influencers, and 2021 will unleash the power of nano-influencers. Nano-influencers create great marketing content, and their targeted niche ensures that the right people see the content. Partnering with nano-influencers provides you with an opportunity to leverage a ready-made audience, enabling your brand to enhance awareness, image and conversions.
Who are nano-influencers?
Nano-influencers is a term used to refer to influencers who have a follower base between 1,000-5,000 followers. These are a class of influencers, who have a considerably small, but relatively, active influence within their community. This is one of the main reasons why brands target nano-influencers to advertise their products on social media.
Nano-influencers could be any one of your friends, neighbours or co-workers, who have a considerable say or influence amongst a class of people. Leading brands such as Remington, Gillette Venus, etc. have tapped on the nano-influencer trend to drive campaigns.
Why are brands targeting nano-influencers?
Nano-influencers have become the hottest trend in the marketing world, owing to their intrinsic benefits. Today, brands highly prefer nano-influencers because:
- Nano-influencers drive quality engagement: Nano-influencers are perceived as more authentic and approachable than mega-influencers or celebrities. Besides, their posts tend to generate engagement with a more warm and active audience in the form of comments, likes, opinion sharing, Q&A, click-throughs, etc. As per experts, the smaller the following, the higher the engagement rate of the influencer. Typically, a nano-influencer has an engagement rate of 5% to 10%; whereas a micro-or mega-influencer has an engagement rate of 3% to 5%.
Moreover, people comment, like or share a nano-influencer post because they relate with the person. They like what these creators have to say, they look up to them and respect their opinion. These influencers have a strong bond with their audience. They take time to answer comments, reply to queries and engage in an interactive session with their followers.
- Nano-influencers appear trustworthy: Nano-influencers are perceived as more honest by their audience, due to their low follower base. Most nano-influencers enjoy an image of a person next door and are considered a friend by many of their followers. These creators are more cautious of their content, opinions and advice.
So, they are careful when they choose to associate themselves with a product or brand name because they do not want to disappoint their followers. This, in turn, helps brands capture an audience more holistically.
- Nano-influencers are more relatable for brands: Nano-influencers have a niche, category-specific reach. This enables brands to reach different segments and position their products effectively. Brands can advertise in a more unique and relevant manner by targeting the right creators in a segment. This can also help brands uncover a completely new consumer, test a product or service and get valuable feedback.
Platforms like Angel Amplifiers allow influencers to use their services, content media, and templates to create original and engaging content for stock trading and investment. Several nano-influencers use this platform to engage with a relatable audience.
- Nano-influencers provide a competitive edge: Nano-influencers are still an upcoming trend, and not all brands have tapped into this opportunity. In most cases, you might not find any promotion of your competition from a nano-influencers’ account in your category.
This means that there are high chances that your sponsored post is the first advertisement on their account. This gives them a competitive edge over other brands, who are running the rat race. Also, in no time, you could have an army of your nano-influencers.
- Nano-influencers are budget-friendly: Since nano-influencers are small players in the marketing world, they do not have many brands pestering them with offers. As a result, these creators are open to marketing new brands and products, and also, charge highly affordable rates.
Moreover, these influencers allow you to personalise your campaigns and categorically segment your consumers. This strategy works wonders, especially for start-ups and small-scale businesses because it minimises the chances of an unsuccessful or ineffective marketing campaign.
As the world of influencer marketing is growing, nano-influencers are becoming the coveted deal for many. Brands are now increasingly opting for specialist content creators, who enjoy a more active, trustworthy relationship with their followers.
As the first influencer marketing platform, exclusively catering to India’s stock trading industry, Angel Amplifiers brings together brands and trusted influencers. The platform provides many resources such as a media library, customised templates, etc., enabling influencers to create engaging and unique content to improve their reach and increase their loyal followers.