Home » Blog » How to Write Perfect Instagram Bio for Your Business
Instagram, with its billion-plus monthly active users, is one of the most important social media platforms for businesses. What makes it even better, is the fact that these users are excited to engage and buy from the brands they come across on Instagram. To engage potential customers on the platform, you as a business will have to go beyond creating the perfect Instagram feed. Even though your Instagram bio may feel like a small part of your profile, it is the first point of reference for your profile visitors. Given how you have only 150 characters to put forward your brand description and message, it makes it all the more challenging to create the perfect Instagram bio.
Read ahead to know more about Instagram bio tips and good practices around the activity.
What should an Instagram bio do for your brand?
- Define your value proposition: Your potential customers should be able to grasp what makes your brand unique and how your products will benefit them.
- Ensure easy user conversion: Since your bio is limited to 150 characters, including a clear call-to-action link will help direct users to your website or register for any events.
- Highlight your brand voice: Your Instagram bio sets the tone for your brand voice for new users. There must be a connection between your brand and the tonality of your communication.
How to write the best Instagram bio for your business?
- Inclusions for your bio: Your bio is placed right under your brand name. You should ideally include a single line that describes your brand the best, followed by your contact information and address. Finally, you should consider adding a link to your website or registration page.
- Consider your target audience: To a major extent, your target audience determines your value proposition and the tonality of your communication. For the very same reason, it is important that you clearly define your target audience before you begin writing your bio.
- Use emojis: Given the limited number of characters, the use of emojis in your bio can help communicate more without crossing the barrier of 150 characters. To top it off emojis stand out and are memorable to your viewers amongst the other words used in the bio.
- Insert hashtags and other accounts: If you have decided on any hashtags that will be unique to your account, you should mention them in your bio, for your followers to use in their stories or posts. Also, it is a good idea to mention your other accounts (if any), as these accounts could be relevant to your account visitors.
- Add keywords: Adding keywords in your Instagram bio can help your profile pop up in relevant searches. They also help provide your viewers clarity on your business, without being too text-heavy.
Instagram bios are the first point of communication that your profile visitors will come across. Due to the limited characters, the tips for Instagram bio mentioned in the article above can really boost your popularity amongst your followers. One of the most important points to remember is to include a clear description of your value proposition, and a call-to-action link leading them to your website for further action.
Influencer marketing platform, Angel Amplifiers is your one-stop-shop for creating a winning Instagram profile. The platform puts you in touch with your peers from the stock trading industry, who can help you understand how to gain the most out of your Instagram bio and account. The platform is easy to use and can be downloaded from Google Play Store and iOS App Store.