Travel blogging has especially been on the rise for the past decade, and while 2020 may have put a dent in travelling, experts predict that the travel industry will pick up soon again, and more number of people will now take out the time to travel. If you are looking to start a travel blog, this is the time to take those first few steps. The article will guide you through the process of starting a travel blog from scratch.
How to become a travel blogger?
- Come up with the perfect name: Coming up with the perfect name for your blog could be the most challenging step in the entire process, mainly because your blog’s name has to check off multiple aspects simultaneously for it to be considered a success. It should be flexible enough to grow with you, with each passing year. The name should also be easy to remember and unique to your personality. Once you have shortlisted a few names, check to see if the domain for those names is available, and also if it’s available across social platforms.
- Establish your audience: Most individuals believe that before they begin, they need to decide on a niche. Contrary to popular belief, you need to establish your audience and not a niche. The question you should be asking is “Who is my audience?” The answer to this question will help you create a strategy on how to develop your travel blog. Start with what you would write about, not just travelling, but a well-rounded content. Your blog should be an extension of your personality and not just another piece of information on some cities and countries. Move on to your target audience, a section of people who you would like to reach out to. Keep your target audience in mind while creating your content. Finally, research on travel blogs similar to yours, and figure out how your approach can be different from others to stand out.
- Set up your domain and hosting: The terms domain and hosting are usually considered one of the same but are actually two different aspects of creating a website. A domain is the uniform resource locator, i.e. URL of a website, whereas web hosting is renting space on the internet where you will take your website live. While you may feel that investing in a blog is a big commitment, it is important to get into the right mindset from the beginning.
- Install WordPress: WordPress is a content management system that helps create and manage your website. It is a great platform for beginners since it has many plugins and designs, which grows with you over time. If you, at any given point, find yourself stuck on how to operate the platform, you will easily be able to find help online. WordPress has some built-in tools that inform you of how SEO friendly your content is, which will help garner wider reach once it is published. Another amazing thing about WordPress is that it’s free forever.
- Customize your site: Once you have taken care of the technical aspects of creating a blog, the next step is to address the creative side of travel blogging. You should start by picking out a theme for your blog. Picking out a theme is part of branding for your blog, so do think long-term, while selecting a theme. After locking down on a theme, the next step involves getting a logo. While WordPress can display your blog name in the header when you are starting, as part of travel blogging tips, experts suggest getting a customized logo that will give your blog a professional look. Finally, get some essential plugins for your blog, as they help add features and functionality to your blog that may otherwise be missing.
“How to start travel blogging?” is a question asked by most travel enthusiasts who are looking to start a travel blog. This article discusses the basic first steps that you should take to establish your travel blog. Certain steps, like choosing your blog’s name, or creating a brand for your blog, help you set the tone. Whereas the technical steps like setting up your domain and web hosting help you commit to the blog, which will ultimately be the factor that pushes you to grow as a blogger.
The influencer marketing platform, Angel Amplifiers, is known to support stock trading bloggers in their quest to grow their blogs. The platform provides them with the support to get a technical understanding by getting them in touch with their peers from the industry. It also provides them access to an ever-growing content library, and ready to use templates, that help boost their creative efforts.