Since its launch in 2010, Instagram has grown at an impressive rate to become one of the most popular social media platforms, with more than a billion users. Much of Instagram’s meteoric growth can be credited to the company’s successful efforts in evolving according to the needs of its users.
In the very beginning, Instagram allowed users to only upload photos. However, owing to audience demands, video integration was also added later. Then, ‘Instagram Stories’ and ‘Instagram Business Profiles’ made an appearance, giving brands and creators new ways to collaborate and create. Now, Instagram is all set to compete with YouTube with its latest feature, IGTV.
What is IGTV?
IGTV is a useful feature by Instagram that allows users to create long-form videos. With IGTV, Instagram users can post vertical and horizontal videos that are up to 60 minutes in length.
IGTV has been specifically built for content creators who want to film and broadcast long videos from their mobile devices. It is a versatile tool that can help influencers expand their brand’s reach and increase audience engagement levels while showcasing their creativity in a whole new light.
Requirements for Instagram IGTV videos
Indeed, IGTV can be great for your influencer marketing efforts. However, before you start creating your awesome content on IGTV, your first need to know about the specifications and requirements of IGTV videos. Here’s a quick rundown:
- Length: Any video posted to IGTV should be at least 1 minute long. The maximum length can go up to 15 minutes when posting from a mobile device or up to 60 minutes long when posting from the web.
- File type: All videos uploaded to IGTV must be in the mp4 format.
- Size: For videos that are 10 minutes or less, the maximum file size cannot exceed 650 megabytes (MB). Videos longer than 10 minutes can be up to 3.6 gigabytes (GB) in size.
- Resolution and frame rate: Videos must have a minimum resolution of 720pixels and a minimum frame rate of 60 frames per second (FPS).
- Aspect ratio: A vertical video’s aspect ratio should be 9:16 while a horizontal video’s aspect ratio should be 16:9.
- Video content: All videos posted to IGTV should adhere to Instagram’s community guidelines.
How can you upload videos to IGTV?
You can upload videos to IGTV from the Instagram App, the standalone IGTV app, or by visiting the Instagram website on your desktop. Below, you can find step-by-step instructions for each method:
Uploading IGTV videos from the Instagram app
- Step 1: Tap the plus (+) icon at the bottom of the app and select the video you want to upload.
- Step 2: Once the video has been chosen, tap on the ‘Next’ button at the top-right corner of the screen, select ‘Long Video’, and then tap on ‘Continue’.
- Step 3: On the following page, select a cover image for your video, give it a title and enter an optional description.
- Step 4: To post your video to IGTV instantly, tap the ‘Post’ button at the top-right top corner of your screen. You can also save a draft of the video if you want to post it later.
Uploading IGTV videos from the IGTV app
Uploading IGTV videos from the Instagram website
As you can see, posting an IGTV video is a fairly simple and straightforward procedure irrespective of your chosen method of uploading.
Instagram IGTV tips for influencers
Here are a couple of helpful tips that can help you get the best out of IGTV:
Cross-promote your videos
Cross-promotion between multiple platforms is probably the best and most cost-effective way for social media influencers to extend their reach and increase brand recognition among different sets of followers. IGTV allows you to cross-promote your IGTV videos on a connected Facebook page and you should not miss out on this opportunity anyhow.
Add an IGTV video to your Instagram story
With a recent update from Instagram, IGTV videos can now be linked to Instagram stories to help influencers and brands improve their marketing strategy. By adding an IGTV video to your Instagram story, you can direct your story viewers to the content on your IGTV channel easily.
To an IGTV video to an Instagram story, simply click the link icon at the top of your chosen story. On the page that opens up, select the IGTV video you want to link and click done. Once you have done this, your IGTV video will appear as a ‘swipe-up link’ on your Instagram story.
With IGTV, Instagram has certainly opened the doors to content creators who want to engage their audiences with longer videos, instead of just photos and short videos. If you want to explore this superb feature of Instagram too, do make use of the information and Instagram IGTV tips mentioned above.
Amplifiers is a great influencer marketing platform for social media influencers who want to collaborate, create and grow together. This unique platform helps influencers educate their followers about stock trading options in India by providing them with all the resources necessary for creating top-quality content.`
Influencers can track, measure and improve each and every aspect of their influencer marketing efforts through a dedicated dashboard while earning some great rewards along the way. If you are interested in joining one of the best influencer marketing hubs in the country, registration can be completed within 5 minutes by clicking here.